Monday, June 29, 2009

Sharepoint error after change domain

After we rebuild a new Active Directory, my windows sharepoint service could not start.
It showed this error message :
The file exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070050).
I am sure this is due to SID change of new domain. After googling around I found this website that helps me solve the problem.
The point is that userinfo table in Admin_content_xxxx database has to be updated with the new sid. I use getsid tool to reveal my new sid.
However it shows sid in s-n-n format while sharepoint store sid in hex format. So I created a vb program that convert decimal sid string to hexadecimal. The code is copied from this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think that's a normal procedure when you've changed your AD (even in the same AD FQDN name).

    ReplyDelete