Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Referenced account is currently locked out

Recently I experienced a problem accessing a network share. Each time I go to start > run > \\networkshare I always get this error message :
\\networshare is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

I have checked with the administrator and unlock my AD account but the error persist.
Seems that there is a cache on my user profile accessing the network share using wrong password.
The solution is then I force using this in command prompt :
net use \\networkshare\ipc$ /user:domain\user

Then it asks for password and later I can access the networkshare again.

3 comments:

  1. hi

    your post is interesting. i have a query on this. when i got the same problem, based on your explanation, i tried to run the following at the command prompt:

    net use \\ipaddress\foldername$username:systemname\username

    and hit enter.

    (i am assuming that you referred to the PC name as domain in your post. is it so?)

    well, instead of asking for password, the window disappears in an instant!

    plz clarify this if you have understood my case.

    thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    You use different approach don't you?
    net use \\ipaddress\foldername$username:systemname\username

    Have you tried the one I did?

    I am not networking expert either. I just got it somewhere googling and attached it here for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, i have been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time.

    ReplyDelete