Thursday, September 11, 2008

Role centers and enterprise portal on Ax 2009

During installation of role centers and enterprise portal I got this error:

Setup cannot connect to the Application Object Server instance (AOS) by using the Business Connector. Confirm that the AOS is running, and that your account (domain\username) is a valid Microsoft Dynamics AX user. See the log file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dynamics AX\Dynamics AX Setup Logs\2008-09-11 11-27-45\DynamicsSetupLog.txt for more information.

I have checked that the user already exists in Axapta. Then I tried changed the service account with the same user and it works.
The service account is in Administration > Setup > Security > System service account. Put the username and domain in the alias and network domain fields.

I post this with hope to save time just in case others get the same problem.

5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. I've already try to change the System service account (Business Connector Proxy) into the same user with the installer.

    But it didn't work. I still have same error message when I want to install Workflow / Role center and EP (both haev same error message).

    Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also having the same problem. We have tried out almost all the possible ways. Any pointers to give some suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enterprise Portal impot URL problem

    Hi All,

    I am getting error listed below while importing URL in Enterprise portal.

    The Web Part page http://server/sites/DynamicsAx/Sales/Enterprise%20Portal/JCIMembershipForm.aspx was not imported correctly from the site. The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

    Solutions reqd....

    Regards

    I Khan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you resolve the issue? I have the same problem

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same issue, and the reason, in my case, was that the BC proxy account in AX Security setup was not a valid account.

    After this account was changed to a valid one, the error was resolved

    ReplyDelete